This summer, we will be holding our first ever Vintage Fair. As well as a range of independent retailers and their stalls of vintage wares, The Lightbox Café will be transformed into a 40s style tea shop serving cream teas and finger sandwiches with homemade pink lemonade and iced tea. A pop-up vintage hair and make-up salon run by Surrey based hairstylist Lucy Hayward from Hair That Turns Heads and make-up artist Colette Marie will transform visitors into vintage beauties. Salon prices are listed below. Appointments will be made on a first come first served basis.
Join us for:
- Independent vintage stalls including Orchid Stained Glass, Frock & Roll, LovesVintage43, Sweetpea Vintage, A Colourful Variety, Real Green Dress, Alexandra Vintage and Woking hospice.
- A vintage car from Brooklands museum.
- Make your own bunting to decorate The Lightbox.
- Play giant Jenga, Connect 4 and quoits in the courtyard (weather permitting).
- Live acoustic music by Lisa Von H from Phoenix Cultural Centre.
- Afternoon tea in our 40s style tea room - take advantage of our special Vintage Fair offer and buy 2 for £15.
- Glamourous 40s, 50s or 60s-style hair and make-up from Hair that Turns Heads and make-up artist Colette Marie in their pop-up vintage salon.
It is also the perfect opportunity to step back into the Pop Art era of the 60s by visiting the exhibition ‘Warhol and the World of Pop Art’ (25 July – 1 November 2015) which will not only feature art works by artists including Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Claes Oldenburg but will also explore fashion and furniture from the period. Saturday 15 August, 10.30am – 5.00pm
Entrance to the Vintage Fair is free.
Entrance to Main and Upper Gallery exhibitions will require a £5 Annual Pass, under 18s free.
Pop-up vintage salon prices:
£10 for victory rolls or quiffs, from £25 for full hair.
£10 eyes, lips and checks, from £25 for full face.
Find out more about ‘Warhol and the World of Pop Art’
Image credits: Hair that Turns Heads © Lucy Hayward; Real Green Dress © Niki Nicolle Photography; Bridal cup © Sweetpea Vintage; Vintage Earrings © Loves Vintage; Vintage suitcases.
Sorry, this event is now closed.