The Lightbox is a registered charity, and we rely on your support to continue making art accessible to our community.
From affordable exhibitions featuring world-class artists, to a welcoming learning programme for children and adults, to archiving and sharing Woking's history, The Lightbox is dedicated to being More Than Just a Gallery.
Make a donation
Learn more about...
Since The Lightbox opened in 2007:
- We have welcomed 500 school visits, meaning 15,000 pupils!
- 700 community group activities - such as workshops for those with mental health issues, dementia, or experiencing homelessness
- 300 free activities for under 5s
- 100 Main and Upper Gallery exhibitions
What your donation could pay for:
- £2.50 - one light bulb (the Main Gallery requires 30!)
- £5 - everything for a kids bubble-maker workshop (cups, washing up liquid, glycerine etc.)
- £25 - clay for two school visits
- £50 - one large text panel for an exhibition
- £100 - materials for two adult workshops, Art in Mind or Young Curators sessions
- £150 - pay a guest lecturer
- £500 - crate hire to transport a painting
- £2000 - paint a wall in the Main Gallery
"Thank you for such a wonderful experience which exceeded all my expectations." - Art in Mind participant
"The clients who attended gained so much including increased self-esteem and pride, as well as feeling included in their community." - Cath Stamper, Director of York Road Project
"I would like to say a big thank you to the team for their enthusiasm and organisation. For many of the students it was their first visit to a gallery. It was wonderful for them to experience such a range of art work – Turner paintings and modern sculpture. It was interesting to see children confident expressing their own ideas and encouraging each other." - St Mary's C of E Primary School, Byfleet
Thank you to everyone who is able to support The Lightbox. Each donation, no matter how big or small, will make a difference.
Make a donation
The Lightbox is registered charity no. 1073543.